In addition to this vast Environmental Preservation Area, there are two other Permanent Preservation Areas (PPAs), including the banks of the Córrego do Mergulhão (Mergulhão Creek) and of a swamp. The PPAs ensure the protection of the local ecosystem, making BH-TEC surroundings quite enjoyable for its users and visitors.
- Adoption of exemplary environmental practices and palliative measures of environmental impact, combining an impressive urban structure with environmental preservation
- Management of the Environmental Preservation Area (EPA) of the 350,000 m ² park
- Maintenance of the green areas
- Fire prevention in the Park
- Full compliance with all environmental restrictions in licensing processes
- Support to technology development for promoting environmental sustainability by the tenant companies.
Sustainable features of the BH-TEC building
The BH-TEC main building was designed with thermal comfort and energy saving air conditioning in mind. The building follows an east-west orientation, and the facades are made of double walls with thermo-acoustic roof tiles. It also includes a rainwater harvesting system.