Master Plan

The Masterplan consists of the occupation of the area of the Technology park of Belo Horizonte-BH-TEC, aiming to maximize the building potential of the land. The project, designed by Athié Wohnrath, analyzed the main physical, legal and environmental constraints in the area, as well as the quality guidelines, sizing and phasing deliberated by BH-TEC.

BH-TEC is located in an area of over 535,000 m ² of which 355,000 m ² are an Environmental Preservation Area. Therefore, the Masterplan study area is of approximately 185,000 m ².

The architectural complex of BH-TEC to be constructed consists of 16 buildings that will be carried out in phases. Institutional Building 1 was built by the State Government and inaugurated in May 2012. In the institutional area there is still room for another building. There is one more area set aside for two more buildings; both already have resources allocated, the René Rachou Research Center of the Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, and the Center for Technology in Carbon Nanotubes of the UFMG.

It is estimated that 12 other buildings will be built in the Concession Area . These should be built by the private sector. The regulations defined by UFMG, the owner of the area, state that a real estate partner, selected by public tender, will construct and operate each building for 30 years and then transfer ownership to the University. The right to build five buildings constitutes BH-TEC phase II.

The construction of the René Rachou Research Center (CPqRR/Fiocruz), which will house about 450 researchers, is scheduled to start in 2016. The Technology Center in Carbon Nanotubes will be built with funds already allocated from BNDES, Petrobras and InterCement.

Expansion Plan

BH-TEC concession, developed in partnership with BDMG and three other consulting firms, expects to attract private real estate investors  in the BOT model (build, operate and transfer). The scope of the concession consists of five buildings, totaling an area of 207,000 m ². BH-TEC Phase II will be carried out in phases, with the first building having a total area of 60,000 m ², where 30,000 m ² are for leasing, representing a huge leap in the capacity to welcome innovative companies. Technology-based companies must occupy at least 70% of this area, leaving the other 30% for service companies.