Enterprises – companies, R & D centers and technological service providers – wishing to set up at BH-TEC should meet the following requirements, according to Resolution 001/2013 – Entry criteria, from the Administrative Council:
- Perform activities based on the development of new knowledge and technologies, aimed at meeting the needs of society;
- Seek permanent interaction with universities, technological centers and companies when developing innovations;
- Follow environmentally sustainable practices, with environmental risk-free working conditions, and policies to control and treat waste.
There are four different ways to be a part of BH-TEC:
- Leasing areas in multi-user buildings through specific public notices;
- Associating to the non-tenant category;
- Transferring land to projects or key institutions (as in the case of CPqRR/FIOCRUZ and CTNanotubos);
- Private real estate partners for construction following the BOT model (build, operate and transfer).